Substitute Teacher Candidates:
The Big Spring ISD is grateful for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher. Several of our current certified teachers began their careers as educators by substitute teaching with the Big Spring ISD. A teaching certification is not required. The Big Spring ISD will consider any applicant who has a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED). The first step is to fill out the substitute application. After you have completed the online application, please call the Big Spring ISD Central Administration Office at 432-264-3600 and schedule a time to meet with Leticia Torres or Gina Wells. You will need to bring your driver’s license and your social security card. Follow this link: Big Spring ISD Online Standard Application Login Page to create a profile if you have not done so already, and then click on the Substitute Teacher position in the list of available jobs.
How do I become a substitute for Big Spring ISD?
Apply online for the Substitute, Temporary, or Part-Time Positions. To serve as a substitute teacher for BSISD, an individual must meet certain qualifications and complete certain procedures.
- Login to Big Spring ISD Online Standard Application website and fill out the online application.
- Once the online application is completed, applicants will need to provide your Drivers License and Social Security Card to Tish Torres in the BSISD Administration Office.
- Applicants will then be given additional forms and information to complete the application process.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED) and 45 college hours
- Complete the online standard application on our PowerSchool site
- Submit all documents required to Tish Torres in the administration office (i.e. copies of drivers license and social security card)
- Submit a transcript of college work
- Have a criminal records check by the district (paid by the applicant)
- Attend substitute teacher training
The District shall attempt to hire certified teachers as substitutes whenever possible; however, no person shall be employed as a substitute who does not have at least a GED certificate.