The board usually meets second Thursday of each month at 5:15 PM. In the event that large attendance is anticipated, the board may meet at the high school auditorium. Special meetings may be called when necessary. A written notice of regular and special meetings will be posted on the district website and in the central administration building at least 72 hours before the scheduled meeting time. The written notice will show the date, time, place, and subjects of each meeting. In emergencies, a meeting may be held with a two-hour notice. All meetings are open to the public. In certain circumstances, Texas law permits the board to go into a closed session from which the public and others are excluded. Closed session may occur for such things as discussing prospective gifts or donations, real-property acquisition, certain personnel matters including employee complaints, security matters, student discipline, or consulting with attorneys regarding pending litigation.
The Board's Major Duties Include:
- Adopting goals and objectives for the District.
- Reviewing and acting on policies.
- Adopting an annual budget and setting the tax rate.
- Electing school personnel as recommended by the Superintendent.
- Reporting to the public on the district's progress