• Substitutes

Substitute Teacher Candidates:

  • Big Spring ISD is grateful for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher.  Several of our current certified teachers began their careers as educators by substitute teaching with Big Spring ISD.  A teaching certificate is not required.  Big Spring ISD will consider any applicant who has a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED).  The first step is to fill out the substitute application.  After you have completed the online application, please call the Big Spring ISD Administration Office at 432-264-3600 and schedule a time to meet with Marlana Ott.  You will need to bring your driver’s license and your social security card.  Follow this link: Big Spring ISD Frontline Employment Homepage to create a profile if you have not done so already, and then click on the Substitute Teacher position in the list of available jobs.

How do I become a substitute for Big Spring ISD?

  • You Must:

    Apply online for the Substitute, Temporary, or Part-Time Positions. To serve as a substitute teacher for BSISD, an individual must meet certain qualifications and complete certain procedures. 


    1. Login to Big Spring ISD Online Employment Application website and fill out the online application.
    2. Once the online application is completed, applicants will need to provide your Drivers License and Social Security Card to Marlana Ott in the BSISD Administration Office.  
    3. Applicants will then be given additional forms and information to complete the application process.


    • High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED)
    • Complete the employment application on our Frontline site
    • Submit all documents required to Marlana Ott in the administration office (i.e. copies of drivers license and social security card)
    • Have a criminal records/fingerprinting check (paid by the applicant, but reimbursed after 5 sub positions completed)
    • Attend substitute teacher training


    The District shall attempt to hire certified teachers as substitutes whenever possible; however, no person shall be employed as a substitute who does not have at least a GED certificate.

For More Information:

  • Contact:

    Marlana Ott

    Or visit the Big Spring ISD Administration Office at
    708 E. 11th Place
    Big Spring, TX 79720