Pre-Kindergarten Eligibility Information
To be eligible to attend Pre-K, students must be 4 on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements:
- Educationally disadvantaged- Please bring the last 3 paystubs of ALL household income or current TANF or SNAP eligibility letter.
- Military dependent- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces or child of a parent who was injured or killed while serving on active duty. Documentation must be provided.
- Foster care- Child that has ever been in the consevatorship of the Department of Family and Protective SErvices (DFPS) following an adversary hearing. Bring verification letter.
- Bilingual- Child is unable to speak or comprehend the English language. We will need to test your child.
- Homeless- As defined by 42 USC, §11434a.
- Star of Texas- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
For additional information on eligibility or what paperwork you will need to provide as proof of requirements, please contact Kentwood ECC at:
Kentwood Early Childhood Center
Big Spring, TX 79720