Statement For Public Inspection
Big Spring ISD Health Education Advisory Committee
School Health Advisory Council
Statement for Public Inspection
2019-2020 School Year
As mandated in Policy BDF (Legal) Big Spring ISD has posted on the district website as well as in the student handbook the following statements of compliance.
- District policies adopted to ensure that elementary school, middle school, and junior high students engage in a least the amount and level of physical activity required Education Code 28.002(1) (see EHAB and EHAC); The District shall require students in kindergarten through grade 5 to participate in moderate or vigorous daily physical activity for at least 30 minutes throughout the school year, as part of the District’s physical education program or through structured activity during a campus’s daily recess. The District shall require students in grades 6–8 to participate in moderate or vigorous daily physical activity for at least 30 minutes for at least four semesters during those grade levels as part of the District's physical education curriculum.
- The number of times during the preceding year the SHAC has met was four. The dates were November 20, 2014, January 29th, 2015, March 26th, 2015 and May 7th, 2015.
- Big Spring ISD is in compliance with TDA’s Food & Nutrition policies (see Square Meals.Org); vending machine and food service guidelines for restricting student access to vending machines.
- Big Spring ISD has adopted and enforces policies and procedures that prescribe penalties for the use of tobacco products by students and others on school campuses or at school-sponsored or school-related activities (see Local 114901).
- Parents can request in writing their child’s physical fitness assessment results at the end of the school year (see FFAA).