Thank you for your interest in the Big Spring Independent School District.
How do I become a substitute for Big Spring Independent School District?
Apply for the Substitute, Temporary, or Part-Time Positions
To serve as a substitute teacher for BSISD, an individual must meet certain qualifications and complete
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED) and 45 college hours
- Complete application packet in personnel office
- Submit all documents required with application, i.e.. copies of drivers license and social security card
- Submit a transcript of college work
- Have a criminal records check by the district (paid by the substitute)
- Attend the substitute teacher training
Approved substitutes shall have on file in the District:
1. The District's application form;
2. A record of highest education attained, including high school diploma, GED certificate, or transcript for all college work, and/or Texas certificates; and
3. An income tax withholding form
The District shall attempt to hire certified teachers as substitutes whenever
possible; however, no person shall be employed as a substitute who does
not have at least a GED certificate.