DPS Computerized Criminal History (CCH) Verification

OneAmerica Participant Enrollment Form


Thank you for your interest in the Big Spring Independent School District.
How do I become a substitute for Big Spring Independent School District?

You must

Apply for the Substitute, Temporary, or Part-Time Positions
To serve as a substitute teacher for BSISD, an individual must meet certain qualifications and complete
certain procedures.



Approved substitutes shall have on file in the District:
1. The District's application form;
2. A record of highest education attained, including high school diploma, GED certificate, or transcript for all college work, and/or Texas certificates; and
3. An income tax withholding form


The District shall attempt to hire certified teachers as substitutes whenever
possible; however, no person shall be employed as a substitute who does
not have at least a GED certificate.